I never thought it would happen to me...

2.07.2012

Uh-Oh Moments

Oprah has her Ah-Ha moments. I have my Uh-Oh moments. Here are just a few that come to mind this rainy Tuesday morning:                                    
                                                 *************

*  Having to slooooowly and gingerly get out of bed each morning -- just to make sure all the appendages are working properly.

*  Comparing teeth color when looking at pictures of me with my peers. Yep, mine always win the Most Yellow Award.

*  Tuning out when I hear the younger moms (brats) at the club talking about their hectic day ahead: taking their kids to school, then to basketball practice at 3:15, then to the PTA meeting at 6:30. (Oh how far, far away those days seem.)

*  Driving down Sunrise Boulevard one sunny day a few years ago, looking in the mirror, seeing a long blond hair on my chin, realizing it was not a stray hair from my head, that it was growing out of my chin!! I kid you not! (This ranks as my #1 Uh-Oh moment!)

*  When the young checker at Trader Joe's looked at my driver's license and said, "Whoa, this picture was taken a long time ago, huh, ma'am?" (Could.have.throttled.him.)

*  Looking down at my thighs and no longer seeing smooth, tanned, taut skin... and seeing instead that dreaded cottage cheese. (I can, and will, speak volumes about this. Stay tuned!)

*  When I went to visit my daughter last year and seeing Cosmopolitan magazine on her bedside table. Not just any Cosmpolitan -- this one featured "Best Positions EVER!" (Oh my...)

*  Facing the fact that I need  Fiber-Con in my life.

*  Realizing I just forgot the other Uh-Oh moments I was going to share with you today.
                                                      
                                             **************

I would love to hear your Uh-Oh moments! Do tell...

1 comment:

  1. I have not checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I'll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it friend :)
    Battlefield 3

    ReplyDelete