I never thought it would happen to me...

1.31.2012

What Am I Doing Here?

I have to tell you that I am a true newbie at this whole blog thing. HUGE thanks and kudos to my youngest daughter, Julia, who has poked, prodded, motivated and encouraged me to do this. She kind of got me hooked on the blog world last summer when she introduced me to some of her favorites. (Hello, Peanut Butter Runner, Urban Grace Interiors and Silver Lining Avenue.)

And then I started thinking about how much fun and therapeutic and, welldownright essential it is to "compare notes" on this whole getting-older thing.

It was so helpful for me to be forewarned about the changes that were coming --  like night sweats, spotted hands, spider veins, scummy teeth and increased flatulence -- by my "older" friends (and that includes you, Sis!). And I probably would have freaked out (even more than I actually did) had I not been told of the myriad emotions and seemingly unprovoked sobbing that comes with the early stages of Empty-Nest-hood. So now I kind of want to "give back" by prepping my younger friends (you brats!) as to what lies ahead.

And so it is that I am here. I want to be a part of the dialog that defines, augments and embellishes our lives as we head into our second half-century (!!!).  And maybe, just maybe, if we keep laughing and talking and commiserating, we'll more quickly realize that we are not alone, and that we're all in this together. Misery does love company, don't ya know?  :)


So I truly hope this becomes an enjoyable, fun, happy, informative and quasi-educational blog, and not a "blah-g" (bland, vanilla and boring).

Let's let the cyber hand-holding begin!

And Mom, I promise I will try to follow your admonishment NOT to talk politics here. (Trust me, there will be days where my tongue will hurt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment