I never thought it would happen to me...

1.29.2012

Hair We Go!

I was never the girl with the beautifully lustrous and shiny head of hair. It wasn't awful, though. And I'd like to think I made the best of it. I remember fondly the days when I could quickly put it back in a cute, full, bouncy pony. Two loops of the elastic band, and I was good to go.

Now...it's different. I have more hair-don'ts than hair-do's now. And these days it takes at least four (4!!) loops of the elastic band. After a lot of work and deliberation trying to achieve the casual look, I'm left with a wimpy and "frithy" pull-back. Quite pathetic, actually. It's a slow, ugly, insidious thing, this hair-thinning process.

Sadly, I have to clean out my brush a lot more often now. There are more hair strands (aka globs) than ever before left behind on the shower door.

The word "thin" is a great thing in virtually every aspect of my present-day life, except when it comes to the volume of this hair of mine. Arghhhh.

I guess the moral of the story is that Mother Nature giveth, and Mother Nature taketh away. But I sometimes just don't understand the various body parts She's chosen.

(Has anyone out there tried Rogaine For Women? Does it work? Does anyone else 'steal' their husband's Nioxin Scalp Treatment For Thinning Hair, and it doesn't do a thing?)

1 comment:

  1. FYI...On a recent Dr. Oz show, he said to take 500 mg of Black Currant twice a day for hair thinning.... He said it would take 6-8 weeks to see the results...might be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete